Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Our Gratitude List for April. What Are You Grateful For?

Hard to believe April is already almost over! Here are are few things we are grateful for this month.

Mara:

A quirky marriage habit

My husband and I have this funny habit of buying the same thing. I guess it's one of the reasons that we are married—we like the same things. And we both love buying technological gadgets. One of those items is wireless Bose headphones. However, for some reason when I got my new phone last year, my headphones would not easily connect to them anymore. It would take 20 minutes of connecting and disconnecting them before they'd permanently connect. So my wonderful husband let me try his identical Bose headphones and they connected with no problem! So voila! 

The weather

It's been a beautiful month. I am not particularly outdoorsy, but even I can appreciate what a gorgeous spring we are having. It's warm during the day and cool at night. It's about to get hot, so I am enjoying the moderate temperatures for now.

Dueling

Dueling is a language app that my husband discovered. It's free and it's been really fun brushing up on French, which I studied for many years in school, but never felt I understood. When I was in school, language classes were something I felt I had to do. I didn't have a lot of incentive to actually learn the language because so much of the time was a mad rush of simply memorizing. But now I'm doing it because I want to, at my own pace, and I'm really enjoying it!

Toni:

My small house

I used to complain that our house was too small, and I still can't believe we raised two kids in it, especially when they were teenagers. But now I appreciate its smallness. Every room is only a few seconds away, including that all important distance from the bedroom to the kitchen! The house can get cluttered easily, but when I do clean up a room, I've cleaned up a good percentage of the place!

People who write to me from all over the world

My website has an email address and a form that people can use to write to me. And they do. From all over the world. They've either read my books or an article I've posted online, and they want to give me feedback, thank me, or just make a connection. Right now, I have emails from Finland, Scotland, and New Zealand in my In-Box. I love saying hello from Northern California to people across the world.

Brown rice crackers

My husband buys these for me. They're my Fritos, my potato chips, my Cheez Its. They're my stand-in for all the greasy stuff I'd rather be eating, but have learned (for the most part) to refrain from. The rice crackers have hardly any taste but also hardly any calories and no processed ingredients. They're nice and crisp though. I've been known to eat them by the handful! 

Mara and I would love to know what you're grateful for this month.


Photo Mara took on one of her morning jogs in the beautiful April sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment